Find out about the delegate packages and how to book
GS1 UK healthcare conference 2019
Helping the NHS save thousands of lives and millions of pounds
Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 April 2019
Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Heathrow
Enabling improved patient safety
Building on the improvements already being made in the NHS using GS1 standards, our 2019 conference will feature trust leaders sharing their implementation successes and we’ll hear from national leaders on why digital standards are so important for the future of healthcare.
Looking to our challenge to tackle never events, set by Sir Professor Terence Stephenson at our last conference, trust CEOs will update us on their progress in aiding clinicians to avoid them by using scanning as a decision support and we’ll also get an update on the latest developments in NHS policy, practice and how GS1 standards will help.
I think the conference is great. It’s fantastic to see healthcare providers and industry coming together to solve some of these issues."
Lorna Wilkinson, Director of Nursing at Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
We expect an audience of more than 400 attendees, including senior leaders from NHS trusts, national organisations, suppliers and solution providers.
- Sir Professor Terence Stephenson, chair of the General Medical Council
- Matthew Swindells, national director: operations and information at NHS England
- Tom Denwood, director of data and integration at NHS Digital
- After-dinner speaker – Adam Kay, author of “This is Going to Hurt”
- The conference is taking place over two days with plenary sessions in the morning and breakout streams in the afternoon
- An exhibition will run over both days with opportunities for both solution providers and suppliers to exhibit
- A networking dinner is being held on the Tuesday evening, with a pre-dinner drinks reception
As one of Europe’s largest conference centres, the Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow is ideally suited for our conference, exhibition and dinner – with more than 400 rooms everything is held under one roof.