www.gs1uk.org is a site operated by GS1 UK Ltd (“GS1 UK”). GS1 UK is a not for profit association incorporated under the laws of England and Wales under company number 01256140 and have our registered office at Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate, London EC2N 4AW. Our VAT number is GB287940215.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 020 7092 3501.
GS1 Global means GS1 AISBL, an international non-profit association incorporated in Belgium having a place of business at 326 Avenue Louise, 1050 Brussels, Belgium and registered in the Belgian register of legal entities ("Banque-Carrefour des Entreprises (BCE)") under the number 419.640.608.
GS1 UK Membership means the membership offerings and services provided by GS1 UK an/or a third party on GS1 UK’s behalf, as set out in the GS1 UK Terms and Conditions and any other specific terms and conditions relating to GS1 Services.
GS1 Services includes any or all of the following services: ‘How To’ guides on GS1 UK’s standards and products, standards library, GTIN Management Rules, Discover App, ‘How to’ videos, regulatory compliance materials, Barcode Image Review, Barcode Image Generation, Barcode Number, TrueSource, LocationManager, Coupon Issuer List, GEPIR Member Search, GTIN Check, LearningZone, services offered by GS1 Global and any other services offered by GS1 UK from time to time.
GS1 UK Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions which apply to all GS1 UK Members https://www.gs1uk.org/terms-and-conditions. Members means those organisations (including all employees thereof) who purchase GS1 UK Membership.
By using the site you accept these terms
The following End User Terms apply to the use of the GS1 UK website www.gs1uk.org (the “site”) by both Members and Non-Members. As a user of the site (“End User”), you hereby agree to accept these End User Terms and to comply with them. Members further agree that by accepting GS1 UK Membership, their organisation and the employees of that organisation are hereby bound by these End User Terms and will comply with them.
If you do not agree to these End User Terms, you must not use the site. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
These End User Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the site:
If you are a Member, the GS1 UK Terms and Conditions, together with any other specific terms relating to GS1 Services provided to you as part of your GS1 UK Membership, will also apply.
In addition, in the event of any conflict between these End User Terms and/or the GS1 UK Terms and Conditions and/or any other specific terms relating to GS1 Services provided to you as part of your GS1 UK Membership, the following order of precedence shall apply:
- the GS1 UK Terms and Conditions;
- these End User Terms.
How you may use material on the site
GS1 UK is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the site for your personal use and/or for educational use, and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
GS1 UK’s status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
If you print off, copy or download any part of the site in breach of these End User Terms, your right to use the site will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
You must keep your account details safe
If you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these End User Terms.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you may use the site
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standards (defined below);
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the site in contravention of the provisions of these End User Terms; and
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the site;
- any equipment or network on which the site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
These content standards (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all material which you contribute to the site (“Contribution”).
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
GS1 UK will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts);
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions); and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from GS1 UK, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites
Breach of the Content Standards
When GS1 UK considers that a breach of the Content Standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these Content Standards constitutes a material breach of these End User Terms upon which you are permitted to use the site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
- GS1 UK excludes our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Content Standards. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
GS1 UK excludes our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Content Standards. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Rules about linking to our site
You may not link to our home page without our prior consent. You may seek our consent by emailing us at email@example.com. GS1 UK may grant or refuse permission at its own discretion.
If GS1 UK does grant you permission to link to our home page:
- you must only do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it;
- you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on GS1 UK’s part where none exists;
- you must not establish a link to the site in any website that is not owned by you;
- the site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the site other than the home page.
GS1 UK reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards set out above.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on the site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on the site is provided for general information only on an “as is” basis. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on the site.
Although GS1 UK makes reasonable efforts to update the information on the site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where the site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by GS1 UK of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
GS1 UK has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
GS1 UK does not guarantee that the site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. GS1 UK will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site will cease immediately
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
GS1 UK does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a Member, different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of GS1 UK Membership, which will be set out in the GS1 UK Terms and Conditions and/or any other specific terms relating to GS1 UK Services.
GS1 UK excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the site or any content on it.
Subject to the paragraphs above, GS1 UK will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site.
In particular, GS1 UK will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
Uploading content to the site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to the site, or to make contact with other Users of the site, you must comply with the Content Standards set out above.
We may make changes to these terms
GS1 UK may amend these End User Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use the site, please check these End User Terms to ensure you understand the End User Terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to the site
GS1 UK may update and change the site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our Users’ needs and our business priorities or legal requirements.
We may suspend or withdraw the site
Except for Members only areas, the site is made available to Users free of charge.
GS1 UK does not guarantee that the site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the site through your internet connection are aware of these End User Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
The site is only for users in the UK
The site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. GS1 UK does not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
By continuing to access, view or make use of this site and any related content and services, you hereby warrant and represent to us that you are located in the UK. If you are not located in the UK, you must immediately discontinue use of this site and any related content and services
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
These End User Terms, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.