Being able to accurately identify, track and trace different elements of the healthcare supply enhances quality of care, patient safety and business processes. Therefore, the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA), the European Union (EU), the NHS, and many markets besides, require medical and in vitro diagnostic devices and pharmaceuticals to be uniquely identified and barcoded.
The good news for manufacturers or labellers of these items is that they can use GS1 standards to meet the automatic identification and capture (AIDC) requirements of each of regulations. This interactive course will provide the foundations you need for implementation.
Who should attend?
- Pack/label design
- Quality assurance
- Supply chain
- Introduction to GS1
- How GS1 standards can be used to meet NHS requirements, UDI regulations, and the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD)
- How to allocate and manage your Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs)
- Identifying different packaging levels
- Product changes and GTIN allocation
- Encoding production information such as date, batch, and serial numbers
- Which barcodes to use and best practice
- Barcode/label review
- Introduction to the Global Location Number (GLN)
- Purchase-to-pay requirements for the NHS
- Data submission for the US, EU, and NHS
What you will learn
- How the GS1 System can improve your supply chain
- What you need to do to meet global regulations for medical devices as well as customer requirements
- How GS1 standards can be used to improve recalls and inventory management
- Next steps for GS1 implementation
- Common mistakes to avoid
Very comprehensive and informative session. Very well explained. Made a difficult subject interesting and easy to understand."
Format and pricing
|Format||Content level||Duration||Price per course||Cost (+VAT)|
|In-company onsite training||Intermediate level||4-hours||Course (<8 people)||£1,100|
|In-company onsite training||Intermediate level||4-hours||Course (>8 people)||£1,500|
*This instructor-led training is delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams (other platforms are available if required).
How to book this course
Email email@example.com or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange in-company delivery of this course.