The definitions set out in this clause apply in this agreement.
|New Orca Scan “Free” Licence:||A new Orca Scan licence that includes the new GS1 Digital Link features as defined in Appendix A.|
|GS1 UK Digital Link Syntax:||Enabling consistent representation of GS1 identification keys within the web addresses used to link to a physical product to online information and services.|
|GS1-powered Quick Response (QR) Code||A type of barcode that is scannable using the native camera application installed on a mobile phone and encoded using the GS1 Digital Link Syntax.|
|Pilot||Running from 3 July 2023 to 31 May 2024, GS1 UK and Orca Scan will grant a limited number of GS1 UK members, priority access to a new GS1 UK Digital Link features that have been added to the Orca Scan “Free” license.|
|Pilot user:||A GS1 UK member expressly invited by GS1 UK and Orca Scan to take part in the GS1 UK Digital Link pilot.|
GS1 UK is working with Orca Scan to deliver a new user interface that will enhance the existing GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service UI (User Interface). The new experience is fully integrated with the existing GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service already used by GS1 UK members to implement the GS1 Digital Link standard. The pilot will run from 3 July 2023 to the 31 May 2024. Access to the new GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service UI is granted having accepted these terms when registering to participate in the pilot.
- The GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service is offered on an as-is basis and GS1 UK is not responsible where the performance (or defective or non-performance) could have a detrimental effect (whether directly or indirectly) on your business, including any business-critical activities.
- We do not warrant that your use of the GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service will be uninterrupted or error free and we shall not be responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and you acknowledge that the pilot may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- To provide security and controlled access, only pilot users who have been approved by GS1 UK and registered will be provided the credentials to access the new features provided by Orca Scan.
- Pilot users agree to comply with any reasonable instructions or guidelines that we may communicate from time to time. Users must not introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
Pilot user responsibilites
Pilot sites will be requested to perform the following activities:
- Feedback to GS1 UK on their overall experience of the GS1 UK Digital Link Resolver Service by completing some short surveys.
- Use the pilot service to create GS1 Digital Links embedded in GS1 powered QR codes and to use the 2D barcodes on at least one product in a real world environment.
- Support the creation of case study material for highlighting the benefits of using the GS1 UK Digital Link Service.
- At the end of the pilot, the GS1 UK member can either
- Continue to use the features made available to the pilot site powered by Orca Scan as listed in Appendix A.
- Unlock more features by procuring a licence upgrade.
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
Appendix A – Pilot features
|Users||1||Number of people who can update the GS1 resolver using Orca Scan web and mobile|
|Products||10||Number of products a user can add, update & delete in the GS1 UK Resolver using Orca Scan|
|GS1 Digital Link QR code landing page||Yes||A dynamically generated landing page for every product with a unique GS1 GTIN|
|Machine readable product data||Yes||The presentation of machine-readable data structured using GS1 Web Vocabulary if available. Allows computer systems to request machine readable data from the landing page.|
|Brand logo||Yes||The brand logo sourced from the members website will appear on the GS1 Digital Link landing page|
|Product Images (per product)||1||Max number of product images that will appear on the QR code landing page|
|Brand colours||Yes||QR code landing page colours are modified to reflect the brand|
|Barcode Generator||Yes||The ability to generate GS1 Digital Link barcodes using Orca Scan web or mobile|
|Live Sync||24h||How often QR landing page content is updated to reflect changes on the brand website|