GS1 UK Approved
Reath is building the digital infrastructure for reusable and refillable packaging.
Reath offers a digital passport software product that enables manufacturers and retailers to capture the data that ensures their circular system is safe and logistically viable, and adds incredible value through insights into materials, and improved consumer behaviour understanding.
Reath was founded to help businesses reduce the amount of virgin plastic used in packaging and to ensure that packaging is designed for reuse.
Reath’s software captures the data needed to deploy B2B or B2C reusable packaging, refillable packaging, and material value recovery from closed-loop recycling.
Our innovation is what we do with that data:
- Provision of key insights: Reath lets companies gather data on the reuse cycles that their packaging goes through, providing insights for material durability, customer behaviour and CO2 emissions management.
- Regulation management and reporting: Product safety processes are built for linear systems (e.g. product recall, labelling), Reath lets businesses adapt these safely and securely for their circular system. Reath can generate Environmental, Health and Safety audit documents and reports to demonstrate reuse of packaging (a requirement under Extended Producer Responsibility legislation which is present in many countries globally)
- Powering Consumer Engagement: Companies can surface the Reath reuse data for customers to understand their impact and to test strategies for repeat purchases and incentivised returns.
- Predictability: Business processes run on predictability, which circular economy processes struggle to achieve when compared to their linear counterparts. Reath is developing predictive models to help circular businesses run efficiently.
- Integration with existing systems: Reuse models need to be compatible with existing software, which are typically set up for linear processes, not circular (e.g. inventory management systems). Reath’s API is set up to connect these systems.
Reath’s software supports Refill/Reuse e-commerce and Refill In Store business models and has existing clients in both spaces.
This data capture is vital to circular systems for consumer goods as it ensures the circular packaging system is safe, compliant and logistically viable, and also adds incredible value through insights into material durability, and improved consumer behaviour understanding, critical to scaling circular packaging systems.