GS1 UK Approved
2DSurgical’s 2D barcode reader, the "SurgiScan Ultra", brings the performance and ease of supermarket scanners to the process of reading coded surgical instruments.
The SurgiScan Ultra:
• Reads tiny items such as surgical implants and screws
• Works with any software system
• Greatly increases processing speed
• Is fully GS1 and UDI compliant
2DSurgical 2D barcode readers are successfully used in UDI and GS1 instrument-level tracking systems in hundreds of hospitals worldwide and are supplied as OEM equipment by many software and laser marking companies.
Our readers answer many common concerns when implementing a UDI tracking system:
- "Scanning each instrument takes a long time."
You can expect to read a tray of 40 surgical instruments within two minutes using the SurgiScan Ultra reader.
- "What about items that are two small to mark such as implants?"
With the SurgiScan Ultra it is now possible to easily read a 0.5mm square code on an implant even with a shiny, curved background.
- "Will the reader work with my tracking software system?"
Yes, the reader will work with any tracking software system including T-DOC, CensiTrac, InstaCount and all others. The readers may be retro-fitted to replace readers in any existing system.
- "What marking method can I use?"
The reader will read codes made with any marking method including laser, dot peen percussion, chemical etch and labels.
- "Our operators are reluctant to accept changes to the process."
This is usually because other readers slow the whole process down, are aggravating to use, or simply don’t read the codes. The design and aggressive decoding of the SurgiScan Ultra makes it as quick, easy and reliable to use as a supermarket scanner which promotes greater acceptance.
- "Readers are a bit of an infection control issue, especially the handle grip areas."
The Ultra reader body is designed to be used in CSSD, OR and clean-room environments so has a smooth aluminium surface with minimal indentations. It is easy to clean and is IP66 rated. Unlike most readers, it is not hand-held so contact and contamination risks are greatly reduced.
Please see our product information page for more details.
2DSurgical have been approved for their product SurgiScan Ultra.