12-month fixed-term contract
GS1’s global purpose is to transform the way our stakeholders work and live through the power of standards. We are currently working on a number of key projects that will deliver huge value to our members. This role is accountable for supporting our internal team with the delivery of two of these software development projects throughout their lifecycle, ensuring we have all appropriate documentation in place, and supporting our product owners with their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Gather, analyse, and document business requirements for the two software development projects (known as ‘My Numberbank Replacement’ and ‘My GS1’).
- Translate business requirements into clear and concise specifications for development teams.
- Define detailed acceptance criteria for user stories, ensuring alignment with business objectives.
- Collaborate with Product owners and development teams to refine and prioritise user stories.
- Assist in maintaining product backlogs.
- Create and maintain product and project documentation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of business case documentation, to support benefits realisation.
- Support project teams in implementing changes and ensuring smooth transitions.
- Undertake User Acceptance Testing for key user stories, identifying and escalating critical defects and issues during this testing.
- Document and maintain User Acceptance Testing results and sign-off documentation.
- Ensure that product information is up to date and accurately reflects progress of the activities of the product team.
- Strong understanding of the solutions and services, and their technical aspects.
Personal strengths and style:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Highly organised and detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality products.
- Flexible approach to working environment and location, with the ability to work on own iniative or cooperatively in teams.
Background and experience:
- Proven experience in agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of business analysis methodologies and practices.
- Experience with user story mapping and acceptance criteria definition.
- Proven experience of working on successful software development deliveries.
- Proven ability to work effectively across diverse teams (such as product, project, marketing, software development, testing etc.)
- Proficiency in testing methodologies and practices.
- Familiarity with user experience design principles and methodologies is a plus.