Head of Partnerships
- Drive adoption of GS1 Standards across all sectors, ensuring consistent growth and exposure of the UK partner programme.
- Accountable for the ongoing development and delivery of the GS1 UK partner programme, which involves partner relationship management, business adoption roundtables, webinar execution, robust product approval and structured monitoring of partner activity.
- In close collaboration with the colleagues across key Industry Engagement sectors, identify high priority issues to shape the thought leadership agenda for those topics. Design, structure and develop a compelling point of view on issues aligned with the thought leadership agenda, documented in various formats, e.g., white papers, reports, or partner presentations.
Management of the Partner Programme
- Develop partner propositions across the GS1 UK sectors to build reputation, identify strategic partnerships and acquire new partners.
- Identify, develop and adjust the partner programme in line with the wider GS1 UK strategy.
- Responsible for delivering against GS1 UK’s strategic partner KPIs and the management of partner approvals, ensuring reporting and activity kept up to date.
- Identify partner case studies using GS1 standards to highlight the operational efficiencies and commercial benefit of standards adoption.
- Ensure the partner programme remains focused on commercial value.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and regulation and guide partners on potential impacts to their organisations.
- Lead on projects ensuring representation of partners across the wider GS1 UK business, with a focus on Industry Engagement, Standards & Consulting and Marketing.
- Seek and drive value for partners through the management of the marketing programme such as external communications or website upgrades.
- Represent GS1 UK and the partnership programme at a regional and global level across the GS1 organisation
Delivery of events
- Be a key advocate for the partnership program by representing and publicly promoting GS1 UK at national representative groups and conferences.
- Work with teams within GS1 UK to ensure the successful delivery of the GS1 UK conferences which includes partners where appropriate.
- Create, deliver and present at GS1 UK partner events and webinars, ensuring strong participation and engagement from partners.
- Support and facilitate internal relationships to ensure ongoing development of the partner programme across the remit of GS1 UK, including healthcare, retail, traceability and sustainability.
- Deliver high quality training to partners through working with GS1 UK standards and consulting team.
- Lead the partnership key account management; develop and sustain the GS1 UK partner programme, ensuring appropriate and complete information is held in GS1 UK’s business systems.
Thought leadership and analysis
- Shape thought leadership with partners in line with relevant legislation and regulation.
- Develop sector roundtables and webinars on key issues.
- Become a subject matter expert on the use of standards across key GS1 sectors.
- Analyse market trends, take stock of innovation and its impact on standards adoption.
- Analyse how the use of standards can solve industry and societal problems, frame thought leadership across these topic areas and develop workstreams that help industry unpack solutions to these issues.
Background and experience
- Experience of developing networks, engaging with senior representatives of organisations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience of delivering complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Commercial attributes – the ability to negotiate with partners when needed
- Happy with ambiguity and able to make decisions in an environment which has competing priorities
- Good business acumen – ability to identify the opportunities cross team
- Experience in facilitating industry and partner groups towards agreed solutions and outcomes
- Delivery focussed -knowledge of translating partner needs into work programmes which reflect their requirements
- Proven track record of collaborative working across cross-functional teams to deliver against strategic plans
- Has been accountable for producing clear action plans and successfully delivering against them
- Understanding of regulation and its impact on operating environments
- Knowledge of GS1 system and standards.
- Digital product knowledge within healthcare market and/or marketplaces environment
Personal strengths and style
- Ability to create and build long term relationships with senior partners in any industry
- Strong communicator with experience in engaging many people in different environments
- Confidence to represent the partner voice when managing competing demands with colleagues
- Thrives on having a wide variety of activities to deliver
- Ability to be strategic and willingness to examine detail where necessary
- Has a bias for action and delivery against clearly agreed action plans
- Self-driven and willing to hold self and peers to account
- Curious and creative – seeking out new opportunities
- Excellence - Strive to deliver beyond expectations
- Professional - Ethical, honest and respectful
- Collaborative - Building partnerships through open communications