Following the success of the Scan4Safety programme (established in response to the Department of Health and Social Care’s eProcurement strategy) a significant number of healthcare providers have begun to introduce GS1 standards into their own organisations to improve patient safety, reduce unwarranted clinical variation and drive operational efficiencies.
Now, as part of agreements between GS1 UK and the various health boards and arm's length bodies of the UK's four nations, all healthcare providers have access to an active GS1 UK membership.
As such, all healthcare provider organisations have permissions to use GS1 standards and need to ensure a designated point of contact is in place that is responsible for the overarching adoption strategy.
GS1 standards also support the interoperability aims set out by NHSX. And because they are both system and device agnostic, they enable accurate data in relation to every person, product, and place, to be captured and shared seamlessly.
As a healthcare provider, it is important for you to have internal expertise in GS1 standards to support implementation and roll-out across the organisation.
We offer a comprehensive and interactive onsite course to bring cross-functional teams within your organisation up to speed with the relevant standards and their application.
Who should attend?
- Teams within your organisation who are expected to support the GS1 programme deployment
- Individuals who can be the first line of support internally
- Champions for GS1 and PEPPOL adoption
- Programme leads
- Introduction to GS1
- GS1 identification and barcode standards for:
- How the standards can be utilised for use-cases such as:
- Purchase to pay
- Inventory management
- Product recalls
- Medical equipment management
- Tracking surgical instruments
What you will learn
- How the GS1 System can make healthcare provider processes more efficient
- Learn best practice from the Scan4Safety implementations
- Understand the standards your suppliers are implementing to meet regulatory requirements, and how you can benefit from them
- Next steps for implementing GS1 standards
We enjoyed the session. Funny, informative and useful content to support our GS1 journey. Excellent training day. Thank you!"
Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
Format and pricing
|Format||Content level||Duration||Price per course||Cost (+VAT)|
|In-company virtual training*||Introductory level||1-hour course||Course (<15 people)||£300|
|In-company virtual training*||Foundation level||2-hour course||Course (<15 people)||£500|
|In-company virtual training*||Intermediate level||3-hour course||Course (<15 people)||£700|
*This instructor-led training is delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams (other platforms are available if required).
How to book this course
Email email@example.com or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange in-company delivery of this course.