This course is designed to support the Department of Health requirement for all Trusts to implement GS1-compliant patient wristbands. Specifically, it will provide guidance on the standards and data requirements for barcoded patient wristbands, including the creation and management of a Global Service Relation Numbers (GSRN) and the barcode in which it should be encoded.
By successfully undertaking the course, it will enable individuals to demonstrate their GS1 Standards expertise, providing them with the skills to roll out implementation programmes within their own Trusts.
Who should attend?
- Champions for GS1 adoption
- GS1 adoption programme leads and supporting teams
- Clinical staff
- Solution providers
- How globally unique identification of the patient enables accurate and consistent information to be captured across the patient pathway
- DCB1077 – the NHS Digital information standard for AIDC: patient identification
- Data set requirements, including GSRN creation, allocation, and governance
- Data carrier requirements, including patient wristband best practice
- The next steps for GS1 implementation, covering compliance and verification
Format and pricing
|In-company virtual training*
|Course (<15 people)
*This instructor-led training is delivered virtually via Microsoft Teams (other platforms are available if required).
How to book this course
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange in-company delivery of this course.