Latest updates to eBay's product identifier requirements - what it means to you
Date: August 10, 2017
Category: Industry news
Online sellers on eBay will already know that they require the use of GS1 GTIN product identifiers, on a growing list of categories.
Now eBay have just announced that they will implement further updates to product identifiers, later this year.
Here’s a quick summary of what you need to know if you're an online seller
- From 14 September, eBay will prevent any Good ‘Til Cancelled listingswith invalid product identifiers from automatically renewing
- From October 2017, eBay require product identifiers for all seller refurbished items
- eBay are postponing their acceptance of new types of product identifiers, such as Google, Amazon and self-created numbers, to 2018
- eBay will also be delaying the removalof the ‘Does not apply’ option from product identifier fields to 2018
- eBay have updated their bundles and lots features so sellers can quickly and easily differentiate these from their other listings. You need to make sure you clearly identify any bundles or lots listings so they receive maximum visibility in search and eBay new product and browse pages. These features can be found in Seller Hub > Listings > Create listing
- (source: sellerhub.tv)
These new updates reinforce the importance of product identifiers like GS1 GTINs. They make it easier for consumers to find what they're looking for in specific categories and make your listing information more robust.
Sign into your eBay sellers account for more information.