Learn the benefits our GS1 standards are giving the NHS
Why is location management important for trusts?
The central registry for your trust locations so your products are delivered in the right place at the right time.
At any given time, the hundreds of stakeholders involved in the supply chain process need to have timely access to the necessary order information to prevent delays to the delivery of vital resources.
Managing this information effectively is important to your suppliers as they begin to start receiving electronic orders via PEPPOL. They want to know they have the correct ship-to information so their goods go to the right place every time, with invoices sent to the right place.
This provides you with a greater level of assurance that deliveries are in-stock and accessible whenever and wherever they are needed, ultimately preventing critical delays to patient care.
What is LocationManager and how does it work?
LocationManager is an online service that enables you and your suppliers to store, share and manage your GLNs in an accurate, timely and consistent way. It provides an easy, cost-effective method of locating a GLN, or set of GLNs for each supplier you use.
Every time there’s a change to any supplier information, everyone who needs to know is automatically informed. Any changes you make to your location information will be readily available to your suppliers, without you having to update them individually.
The benefits of LocationManager
- Single point of access to location information
- Access to up-to-date supplier information
- Physical locations can be identified in seconds
- Certainty of shipping and billing to the right location
- Fewer invoice queries
- Saves time
All acute trusts, and their suppliers (including distributors and brand owners/legal manufacturers), will need to use LocationManager as one of the requirements highlighted in GS1 UK and NHS Digital five-year partnership agreement.
Subscription is free for all trusts, find out more about how to subscribe below.
What to do next and how to subscribe
- The first thing to do is allocate GLNs to your PEPPOL access point ID and to your ship-to locations and requisition points.
- You will need to engage with your estates department as they will need to update their systems to include these GLNs. You will also need to ensure you have robust governance procedures in place to keep this information up to date and avoid duplication.
- Then, complete and submit the LocationManager application form below and get in touch with your estates department to get started. We are very happy to set up a conference call to help get the stakeholders together and on the same page.
There is guidance available from other trusts that have already implemented GLNs. We can put you in touch with them to find out more. In the meantime, you can also have a read of Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust case study Purchase to pain: How to break the cycle to understand more.
We also run regular free GLN training courses throughout the year where you can bring your stakeholders together and learn how to get your trust started.
For further information and to return your completed forms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org