This popular course has helped hundreds of GS1 UK members, large and small, implement our standards correctly to meet the requirements of their customers. Using real industry scenarios and case studies, this practical and informal session is essential for quick and easy barcode implementation. Book this course today to ensure your barcodes don't result in lost sales, relabelling costs and returned goods.
“... 31% of barcodes submitted by our suppliers on new lines into our business fail on first validation. This leads to delays or the risk of the product being dropped from the range."
Diane Mellowship, Barcode Compliance Manager, Tesco
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for anyone who requires a basic to intermediate understanding of how to correctly identify and barcode any item, at any point in the supply chain, no matter what industry you work in. It's also useful if you're a supplier or manufacturer and you are experiencing barcode issues with your customers or don't understand their requirements.
- Introduction to GS1
- How to allocate and manage your Global Trade Item Numbers (GTINs)
- Identifying different packaging levels
- Product changes and GTIN allocation
- Encoding production information such as date, batch, and serial numbers
- Which barcodes to use and best practice
- Barcode quality and verification
- Attendee barcode/label review
What you will learn
- How the GS1 System can improve your supply chain
- How GS1 standards can be used to improve recalls and inventory management
- The importance of when and why numbers need to change
- How to use different barcodes for a variety of business processes
- Understand your customers’ requirements
- How to recognise and avoid common mistakes
- Next steps for implementing barcodes
An enjoyable course, a must for anyone who works with barcodes."
Waitrose & Partners
Format and pricing
|Format||Content level||Duration||Price per||Cost (+VAT)|
|In-company onsite training||Intermediate||4-hours||Course (<8 people)||£1,100|
|Intermediate||4-hours||Course (>8 people)||£1,500|
How to book this course
Email email@example.com or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange in-company delivery of this course.