This course is designed to support the Department of Health requirement for all Trusts to implement GS1-compliant patient wristbands. Specifically, it will provide guidance on the standards and governance related to the creation and management of Global Service Relation Numbers (GSRN) and the barcode in which it should be encoded.
By successfully undertaking the course, it will enable individuals to demonstrate their GS1 Standards expertise, providing them with the skills to roll out implementation programmes within their own Trusts.
- Champions for GS1 adoption
- GS1 adoption programme leads and supporting teams
- Clinical staff
- Solution providers
A half day course covering:
- How globally unique identification of the patient enables accurate and consistent information to be captured across the patient pathway
- DCB1077 – the new NHS Digital standard for patient AIDC
- GSRN creation, allocation and governance
- Learnings from the Scan4Safety sites
- Wristband best practice
- The next steps for GS1 implementation
Duration: Half day
Member price (up to 8 people): £1,100 plus VAT
Member price (9+ people): £1,500 plus VAT
Non-member price: £2,000 plus VAT
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange delivery of this course onsite.
This course can also be delivered virtually. Contact us to find out more.