The UK retail industry’s single source of trusted data
productDNA provides a single catalogue of high quality, independently verified product data and images that allows retailers, brands and suppliers to use the same language to describe their products. The service is owned and governed by the retail industry, and operated on their behalf by GS1 UK.
The benefits of productDNA
- A single way of sharing product data and images between brands, suppliers and retailers
- Product data is independently verified to ensure it is accurate and consistent
- Brands and suppliers own the product data and images with no commercial constraints
- Retailers have easy access to product data in a way that meets their needs, saving time and money
- Shoppers can find, compare and buy products – in-store and online – based on complete and accurate information
How it works
- productDNA provides a single industry catalogue of product data and images
- All product data is independently audited and verified to ensure accuracy and quality
- Suppliers share this product data and images with retailers in a consistent format
Industry-owned and governed
productDNA is owned and governed by its users, and operated by GS1 UK. As a not-for-profit, member-owned organisation this means prices will be kept low for all users, no matter how small they are. And the retail industry will benefit from the value that a single source of trusted data provides.
When will productDNA be available?
In July 2017, 12 companies – Co-op, Itsu, L’Oréal, Mondelēz International, Nestlé, Ocado, PepsiCo, P&G, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Unilever and Waitrose – all signed an industry charter committing themselves to adopting a single product data and image service.
Members of this group will be implementing the service from early 2018, ahead of the full launch for all grocery retailers, brands and suppliers – currently planned for spring 2018.
Register your interest today
To make sure you’re first to hear the latest information on productDNA sign up below.