We have a range of number types you can license from us
GS1 standards are built on the ability to identify everything in a supply chain, from source to consumer. And in healthcare, everything in a hospital, from medicines to patients. To do this you need unique GS1 numbers.
When you join us you are allocated your own GS1 Company Prefix. This number is licensed to your company and you use this to create the numbers that are used to identify everything.
We offer company prefixes with ranges of 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000 numbers. If you use all your numbers you can license an additional Company Prefix.
There are also a few specific instances when you need to license different number types. These are explained here, and what you need to do to get them.
- Additional Global Company Prefix - For when you run out of numbers
- Universal Product Codes (UPC-A) – for use in North America
- Coupons – for creating money-off coupons, in Sterling or Euros
- GTIN-8 (Global Trade Item Number–8) – for identifying very small items
- Variable measure items – for identifying goods that vary in size or weight
If you have any questions about these numbers then please contact us.