GS1 standards for medicines
GS1 standards enable full visibility of pharmaceuticals, from point-of-production to point-of-sale, point-of-dispense or point-of-care. Implementation of GS1 standards can ensure maximum interoperability between traceability systems across the healthcare supply chain and across borders.
An understanding of GS1 standards will be crucial in complying with the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD), which is currently being implemented across Europe, and also meeting the requirements of Trusts across England who are embarking on GS1 adoption programmes.
As a pharmaceutical manufacturer, this interactive course will help you with the foundations to get your barcodes right for global markets.
This course is aimed at pharmaceutical manufacturers, particularly if you're trading with the NHS or in the EU. Implementation of regulations will require input from a cross-functional team, so this course is recommended for staff from the following departments:
- Pack/label design
- Quality assurance
- Supply chain
- How the GS1 System is improving healthcare supply chains
- The significant benefits to your business through uniquely identifying product information, and then capturing and sharing this along its pathway – and eventually to the patient
- What manufacturers need to do to meet global regulations for medicines
- How GS1 standards are used to automate a variety of use cases, including recalls and inventory management
- The next steps for GS1 implementation
- GS1 and global healthcare regulations
- Identifying different packaging levels
- Encoding production information
- Barcode best practice
- Barcode/label sample review
- Post course implementation support
Our training has been CPD certified and certificates are available to all students on completion.
Duration: 4 hours (CPD certified)
Member price (up to 8 people): £1,100 plus VAT
Member price (9+ people): £1,500 plus VAT
Non-member price: £2,000 plus VAT
Email email@example.com or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange delivery of this course onsite.