GS1 and PEPPOL adoption for suppliers
The NHS eProcurement strategy was published by the Department of Health in May 2014 and compliance with the strategy by NHS Trusts was mandated as a requirement of the NHS Standard Contract. Additionally, the NHS Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods and the Provision of Services have been amended to include a requirement on suppliers to place master product and price data in a GS1 GDSN certified datapool.
With the demonstrator sites already embarking on GS1 adoption programmes, and updated timescales for adoption published by the Department of Health, NHS suppliers have a key role to play in ensuring Trusts meet their GS1 implementation goals.
Find out from the experts at GS1 UK what you need to do to get started and how we can support you to make your business GS1 compliant.
The course is suitable for any NHS supplier looking to get a good understanding of how to move forward their business forward with GS1 adoption. It's also suitable for suppliers to other markets, as other global regulations are covered.
Typical attendees include the following job functions:
- Pack/label design
- Quality assurance
- How GS1 standards are improving healthcare supply chains
- What suppliers need to do to meet global regulations for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- How GS1 standards are used to automate a variety of hospital use cases, including recalls, surgical instrument tracking and inventory management
- The next steps for GS1 implementation
- Overview of the NHS Acute Trusts’ GS1 adoption plans
- Overlap with other global regulations
- Timescales for implementation
- Allocating GS1 location identifiers (GLNs) for your company
- Adding Trusts location identifiers (GLNs) to your company systems
- Allocating GS1 product identifiers (GTINs) to your products
- Implementing electronic orders and invoices using the PEPPOL standard
- Printing GS1 compliant barcodes on your products
- Entering standardised product and price data into a GS1 certified datapool
Our training has been CPD certified and certificates are available to all students on completion.
Duration: 4 hours (CPD certified)
Member price (up to 8 people): £1,100 plus VAT
Member price (9+ people): £1,500 plus VAT
Non-member price: £2,000 plus VAT
Email email@example.com or call us on 0808 178 8799 to discuss your requirements in more detail or to arrange delivery of this course onsite.