Understanding FMD requirements: for suppliers
Thursday 24 May 2018
10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AW, United Kingdom
Member price: £199.00 per person
Non-Member price: £399.00 per person
GS1 standards enable full visibility of pharmaceuticals, from point of production to point of sale, point of dispense or point of care. Implementation of GS1 standards ensures maximum interoperability between traceability systems across the healthcare supply chain and across borders.
An understanding of GS1 standards will be crucial in complying with the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD), which is currently being implemented across Europe. It’s also vital for meeting the requirements of Trusts across England who are embarking on GS1 adoption programmes.
As a pharmaceutical manufacturer, this course will help you with the foundations to get your barcodes right for global markets.
This course is aimed at pharmaceutical manufacturers, particularly if you're trading with the NHS or in the EU. Implementation of regulations will require input from a cross-functional team, so this course is recommended for staff from the following departments:
- Pack/label design
- Quality assurance
- Supply chain
- How the GS1 System is improving healthcare supply chains
- How manufacturers can meet global requirements for medicines through GS1 barcodes
- How GS1 standards are used to automate a variety of use cases, including recalls and inventory management
- The next steps for GS1 implementation
- GS1 standards and the FMD regulation
- Identifying different packaging levels
- Encoding production information
- Barcode best practice
- Barcode/label sample review
- Post-course support
If you have a number of staff for whom this course would be useful, or if travelling to London is too difficult, contact us to arrange delivery of this course onsite.
Please contact Ben Clarke on 020 7092 3541 or email email@example.com if we can be of any further assistance.
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate
London, EC2N 4AW