Understanding GS1 & PEPPOL requirements: for suppliers
Tuesday 19 December 2017
10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AW, United Kingdom
Member price: £199.00 per person
Non-Member price: £399.00 per person
In May 2014, the Department of Health published the eProcurement strategy, requiring compliance as a part of the NHS Standard Contract. The NHS Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Goods and the Provision of Services have also been amended to include a requirement on suppliers to place master product and price data in a GS1 GDSN certified data pool.
With the demonstrator sites already embarking on GS1 adoption programmes, and updated timescales for adoption published by the Department of Health, NHS suppliers have a key role to play in ensuring Trusts meet their GS1 implementation goals.
Find out from the experts at GS1 UK what you need to do to get started and how we can support you to make your business GS1 compliant.
The course is suitable for any NHS supplier looking to get a good understanding of how to move their business forward with GS1 adoption. It's also suitable for suppliers to other markets, as other global regulations are covered.
Typical attendees include the following job functions:
- Pack/label design
- Quality assurance
- Supply chain
- How GS1 standards are improving healthcare supply chains
- What suppliers need to do to meet global regulations for pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- How GS1 standards are used to automate a variety of hospital use cases, including recalls, surgical instrument tracking and inventory management
- The next steps for GS1 implementation
- Overview of the NHS Acute Trusts’ GS1 adoption plans
- Overlap with other global regulations
- Timescales for implementation
- Allocating and managing product and location numbers
- Printing GS1 compliant barcodes on your products
- Entering standardised product and price data into a GS1 certified data pool
- High-level overview of PEPPOL requirements
If you have a number of staff for whom this course would be useful, or if travelling to London is too difficult, contact us to arrange delivery of this course onsite.
Please contact Ben Clarke on 020 7092 3541 or email email@example.com if we can be of any further assistance.
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate
London, EC2N 4AW