Barcodes - Understand, implement and use successfully
Tuesday 6 March 2018
10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AW, United Kingdom
Member price: £199.00 per person
Non-Member price: £399.00 per person
... 31% of barcodes submitted by our suppliers on new lines into our business fail on first validation. This leads to timely delays or the risk of the product being dropped from the range."
Diane Mellowship, Tesco Barcode Compliance Manager
This popular monthly course has helped hundreds of GS1 UK members, large and small, implement our standards correctly to meet the requirements of their customers. Book on this course today to get practical advice and tips to ensure your barcodes don't result in lost sales, relabeling costs and returned goods.
Using real industry scenarios and case studies, this practical and informal session is essential for making the most of your barcode adoption. Our subject matter experts will cover:
- How to identify different products and packaging levels
- The importance of when and why numbers need to change
- How to use different barcodes for a variety of business processes
- Your customers’ requirements
- How to recognise and avoid common mistakes
- Getting the most out of your barcode implementation
Anyone who requires a basic/intermediate understanding of how to correctly identify and barcode any item, at any point in the supply chain, no matter the industry.
Also useful for suppliers and manufacturers who are experiencing barcode issues with their customers or don't understand their requirements.
To obtain a more advanced understanding and expertise in GS1 standards, enrol in our Master programme
- Overview of the GS1 System
- GS1 Identification numbers
- Encoding extra information such as batch numbers and dates
- GS1 barcode symbols
- Barcode size, placement, colour and quality
- How to use the GS1 UK website
- Interactive workshop including delegates’ barcode assessment
- Signing up to this course provides access to the Learning Zone
- Improve understanding through a blended learning approach
- Utilise eLearns, case-studies, videos and more to reinforce learning
If you have a number of staff for whom this course would be useful, or if travelling to London is too difficult, contact us to arrange delivery of this course onsite.
Please contact Ben Clarke on 020 7092 3541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be of any further assistance.
Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate
London, EC2N 4AW