Introducing GS1 SmartSearch
Thursday 24 August 2017
10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
GS1 UK offices, Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AW, United Kingdom
Member price: Free per person
Non-Member price: Free per person
For many small brands, marketplaces offer a quick route to market and easy access to a large customer base. However, it’s difficult to take that next step and move from sales only to building your own customer base.
Most small businesses will have a website - the challenge is to turn it into a viable sales channel.
GS1 SmartSearch, our new product vocabulary for ecommerce, helps you do just that!
GS1 SmartSearch provides a detailed description of your product(s) for search engines to read and understand– making sure they’re indexed accurately. With your products better indexed, they’ll show up on more relevant search results –found by customers ready to buy products like yours.
- Why SmartSearch – the search landscape and opportunities for SMEs
- What is SmartSearch – an explanation of structured data vocabularies and where SmartSearch fits
- How to implement SmartSearch – hands on implementation of the vocabulary, looking at the process and the tools to map and measure results
- Any small business owner or marketing manager that has control and oversite of their website’s search marketing strategy
- Recommended for staff with knowledge of and access to the website content management system
A day workshop from 10:00am to 16:00pm for a limited 20 delegates.
- How search is changing
- Opportunities in search for SMEs
- Use of product identifiers online
- An introduction to structured data
- How to find keywords for your products
- Matching attributes from the SmartSearch vocabulary to your long tail searches
- How to create a GS1 SmartSearch document
- Applying the SmartSearch document to your product pages
- Tracking your success
GS1 UK offices, Hasilwood House, 60 Bishopsgate
London, EC2N 4AW