Glen Hodgson, Head of healthcare at GS1 UK
In a departure from our usual subject matter, we sit down with Glen Hodgson, head of healthcare at GS1 UK, to talk about one of the things we are most proud of – the Scan4Safety programme.
Glen takes us on a whistle-stop tour through the report's findings, in which we tangibly prove that point-of-care barcode scanning through the Scan4Safety programme:
- Provides for traceability in a clinical setting regardless of system architecture or infrastructure, which allows for speedy recall of faulty products
- Improves patient safety by engineering out human error
- Delivers better workforce utilisation by returning clinical time back to patient care
- Improves operational efficiency by reducing inventory and providing recurrent cash savings
- Offers implementation support in the form of "How To…" guides written by the NHS for the NHS