- To provide friendly, educated and empathetic support to all those contacting GS1 UK and constantly seek to improve the member experience we give.
- To ensure that through effective communication, you provide a high level of support to the wider GS1 UK team, highlighting member requirements and assisting the business to meet, and exceed, them.
- Accurately process applications, orders, renewals, payments, debt collection and resignation applications to agreed service levels.
- Ensure fantastic quality personal and team service to anyone contacting us.
- Take ownership of each task until completed or handed over.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of GS1 standards, products and services, keeping up to date with any changes.
- Provide accurate, understandable, support on GS1 standards, products and services to customers.
- Accept the limits of your knowledge and pass customers over to other staff where necessary.
Voice of the customer
- Develop a deep understanding of our members businesses, processes and use of our solutions.
- Be the voice of the member and champion their requirements in cross-functional and internal insight activities in order to drive continuous development for the members.
- Act as the company champion in your allocated area of the member journey to ensure the company is aware of opportunities to develop member-facing content, solutions and services using your great knowledge of our members.
- Support internal projects with member knowledge, outbound calling and inbound response handling when required.
- Provide accurate insight and statistics for inclusion in reports, and/or produce reports that improve company awareness of current events and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the CRM system and the company’s website.
- Ensure a high level of data accuracy for account information by updating member details whenever they contact us.
- Follow the guidelines on ticketing and communciations logging to create accurate logs of customer contact onto the CRM system ensuring information is of a high professional quality, which can be used by the business.
Promotion of GS1 standards/services
- Through understanding member requirements, identify opportunities for members to adopt the use of our identifiers, services and solutions on their journey with us.
- Where our services may further assist members, provide leads to internal teams for qualification.
Integrity of GS1 standards
- Investigate and report all ‘illegal’ use of GS1 standards identified and act to protect the GS1 number range for both the UK and international offices.
- Promote GS1 UK membership and supporting service subscription driving retention of potential leavers through member education and investigation of the use of our standards and services.
- To achieve predefined performance targets and to contribute towards achieving agreed service levels.
- To carry out other duties as agreed with your line manager
Background and experience:
- Solid experience of working in a member/customer/account management environment
- Experience of providing fantastic, and challenging poor, customer service
- Exceptionally good relationship building experience
- A history of using communication and questioning skills
- Excellent computer skills and competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of being a close-knit team player with the ability to support a wider team
- A basic understanding of GS1 standards would be an advantage
Personal strengths and style:
- A passionate champion of providing excellent customer service
- Tuned-in - Ability to empathise with member needs and provide structured support
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English)
- A natural leader with the drive to develop others
- Ability to form successful relationships with key stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and high motivation built in as standard
- Bold - A team player who is proud to be accountable for their own actions
- Flexible approach to working – with strong initiative and ability to multi-task
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Open - Desire to improve – self, role and business
Please note: We are sorry but we can only respond to successful applicants. We appreciate your interest in working with us at GS1 UK.