Head of Standards & Consulting
You will assume a key role in helping our members in their successful deployment of GS1 standards and solutions and lead in the development and maintenance of GS1 standards to meet the needs of our members.
- To be the technical expert in the Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) area of the GS1 UK system.
- Take a technical lead role in GS1 UK projects and on-going activities based on the key deliverables of the GS1 UK strategic and operational plans.
- Participate in research, keep up-to date with business practices in GS1 target markets and new technologies/solutions.
- Provide 2nd line technical support to the GS1 UK membership.
- Provide technical expertise to the development and management of GS1 UK's products & services via GS1 UK projects.
- Provide technical expertise into the Global Standards Management Process (GSMP) and GS1 UK projects.
- To develop application based implementation guidelines and other documentation in relation to specific projects and industry deployments.
- To facilitate working groups and liaise with other relevant organisations including GSMP.
- To liaise with and (where appropriate) leverage the work of the global GS1 UK organisation, GS1 UK member organisations, other standards and industry bodies and solution providers.
- Facilitation of industry workshops supporting the GS1 delivery programme.
- Provide education and evangelism of services offerings both internally and externally. Include attending and presenting at conferences, industry forums and workshops.
- Represent GS1 UK in interactions with our members, Global Office and other Member Organisations.
- To carry out other duties as agreed with the Head of Standards and Consulting.
Background and experience
- Substantial experience working in the Healthcare sector and AIDC.
- Inherent logical analytical skills and an aptitude for absorbing and using technical knowledge.
- Customer focused with the ability to form working relationships industry representatives and key stakeholders.
- Customer facing – Pre-Sales, Project Scope, Proposal Negotiation, Resource Management, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding customer requirements and proposing compelling solutions.
- Experience in managing relationships in order to understand requirements and to deliver solutions via people, processes and technology
- Effective negotiator; able to stand up and work closely with strong personalities and manage strategic partner relationships involving many diverse parties and personalities
- Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills and the ability to set deadlines and targets and meet them
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to deliver charismatic and compelling presentations.
- An understanding of the GS1 UK system
- Project leadership/management experience
- Excellent skills in organising, chairing meetings and workshops
Personal strengths and style
- Highly motivated and innovative individual, tackles assignments with enthusiasm and commitment.
- Strives to obtain further learning and relevant qualifications to support personal aspirations and work objective.
- Flexible approach to working environment and location with the ability to work on own initiative or co-operatively in teams.
- Excellence - Strive to deliver beyond expectations.
- Professional - Ethical, honest and respectful.
- Collaborative - Building partnerships through open communications.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Experience in the delivery of training courses and/or presentations
To apply, please provide a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter, demonstrating your suitability to the role
Please note: We are sorry but we can only respond to successful applicants. We appreciate your interest in working with us at GS1 UK.