Barcode Standards and Implementation Group (BSIG)
The Barcode Standards and Implementation Group (BSIG) brings together GS1 UK members who want to encourage the best implementation of GS1 standards for identification, barcoding and RFID tags.
The group provides a forum for GS1 standards users from all sectors, including manufacturers, retailers, and solution providers, where they can provide input to the development of new standards, give feedback about any problems or difficulties, and support GS1 UK staff in the production of best practice advice and other appropriate information. Members benefit from earlier awareness of new standards developments, networking with other experienced users, and a closer connection to the standards making process.
The BSIG provides user feedback to GS1 UK and the GS1 Global Standards Management Process (GSMP) so that these standards are based on business needs and can be implemented as straightforwardly as possible. The aim is to make all supply chains as efficient as possible for the benefit of the end customer and all parties involved in these processes.
The mission of the group:
- To ensure that GS1 Standards for Identification and Barcoding are correctly implemented and developed to include innovations that meet UK user requirements
The group is responsible for:
- Providing policy direction to GS1 UK where required
- Assessing proposed changes to GS1 standards
- Directing research or technology pilots that will increase GS1 UKs knowledge of business requirements for improved or new GS1 Standards
- Supporting the progress of changes to standards that are specific to the UK
- Developing and maintaining GS1 UK documentation that sets out best practice, help and advice to UK members
- January 28 - 10:30am to 12:00pm
- April 30 - 10:30am to 12:30pm
- July 29 - 10:30am to 12:00pm
- October 21 - (time TBC with GS1 UK AGM)