Head of productDNA sales
Accountable for productDNA sales, renewals and orderly handover to the service team.
- Lead commercial negotiations with prospects to close business, maximise retention and income
- Work with input from the leadership team to build and execute comprehensive sales plans
- Proactively contribute to development plans to deliver retailer and brand sales
- Support sales management to drive lead generation in combination with marketing, service and other teams as required
- Cultivate and manage a sustainable pipeline to ensure delivery of quarterly targets and continued year on year growth.
- Inform product roadmap to ensure maximum customer delight and commercial returns.
- Use our existing membership and/or non-members to seek out appropriate contacts to foster meaningful relationships
- Manage external stakeholders at all seniority levels in a complex consultative sale cycle
- Work diligently through contract negotiations taking council from GS1 UK’s CFO and other related parties
- Independently write up proposals and statements of work in preparation for contract discussion
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders such as the finance, service operations, marketing, pre-sales and product to build and execute compelling service proposals
- Ensure that management information is up to date and accurately reflects progress of the productDNA related activities. This includes reporting and forecasting on opportunities in an accurate, timely and transparent manner to enable business planning.
- Represent GS1 UK at industry events
- Carry out other duties from time to time as directed by your line manager
Personal strengths and style:
- Self-driven to exceed beyond expectations
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Focused, outcome oriented
- Able to spot and react quickly to opportunities and bring people on board with them
- Effective negotiator
- Self-motivated, resilient to challenge
- Relationship builder
- Problem solver
- Analytical with strong mental agility
Background and experience:
- An excellent understanding of the retail or wholesale market and commercial knowledge in positioning market solutions
- Substantial experience of selling B2B SaaS solutions with solid individual sales experience
- Evidence of personal sales overachievement including cold calling and definition of generating sales pipeline
- Track record of delivering sales targets in a team environment
- Ability to negotiate in multi-party sales contracts within any scale of organisation
- Proactive approach to strategic research of prospective clients
- Proven ability to use innovative ideas to develop own network
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to key clients
- An understand of operations and support functions and ability to cooperate effectively with them
- Experience of sales of Master Data Management services.
- Previous experience either working in, or supplying to, one of GS1 UK’s core sectors.
- A good understanding of the GS1 standards and solutions.
If you would like to apply for this role please click on the button below and submit your CV with a covering letter setting out your suitability to the role and salary expectation.