Chief financial officer & IS director
To ensure that the Operating Board is provided with accurate and timely management information, forecasts and analysis that enables them to deliver against the prevailing strategic plan while ensuring that the organisation is, and remains, commercially successful and financially sound.
- Working with the business to ensure the production of easy-to-consume, accurate, comprehensive and timely management information for leadership, Operating and Supervisory Board meetings
- Provide personal insight, analysis and (where appropriate) recommendations to the Operating Board to inform decision making;
- Continually identify, recommend and implement improvements to the necessary processes and systems to increase the efficiency and quality of our decisions;
- Drive the ongoing development of a quality programme management culture, providing support to programme leaders and their teams in the form of training, guidance, guidelines, templates and documentation;
- Hold project managers to account for delivery of quality and timely management information; • Provide, where necessary, leadership and/or project planning support for key GS1 UK programmes;
- Act as secretary to the Operating Board;
- Carry out other duties as agreed with the Chief Financial Officer.
Background and experience
- Engagement at senior level for the provision of management information and analysis;
- Experience in project leadership and management across a range of business areas;
- Excellent knowledge of MIS and project management methodologies, tools, systems and techniques;
- Recognised project management qualification (PRINCE 2 or similar);
Personal strengths and style
- Logical thinker who can move from a big picture to detail orientation where required, but also present detailed and complex information in a format that is easy to understand and digest;
- Independent of mind / thought and willing to challenge when necessary
- Resourceful, problem solver with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Has a practical approach and be willing to get ‘stuck in’;
- Action oriented – can identify and work to clear priorities, manage time and resources effectively;
- High level of interpersonal and persuasive ability with excellent verbal and written skills;
- Acts with integrity at all times;
- Ability to adapt technical content (e.g. methodologies, processes, models etc.) to fit the culture and audience;
- Confident and trusted business advisor, able to influence, challenge and manage at all levels.
If you would like to apply for this role please click on the button below and submit your CV with a covering letter setting out your suitability to the role and salary expectation.
Closing date for this role is 31 July 2022. Applications received after this date may not be considered.